Simply put, 4K Ultra HD video provides 4 times greater resolution than a Full HD 1080p TV.* Videographers, cinematographers and anyone else recording 4K home movies now have a more immersive experience in video creativity.
Don’t have a 4K TV? No worries! Many internet video sites now offer 4K uploading and playback on any device at any resolution. Or just connect the camera to an existing HD TV via HDMI and the camera will automatically scale to fit the screen.
It’s not just about viewing, it’s about editing. With 4K Ultra HD video capture, you have the flexibility to edit your footage while maintaining Full HD 1080p resolution. For example, with 4K video capture you can:
- Crop wide scenes into tighter shots
- Zoom 200%
- Turn stationary footage into a tracking shot
- Adjust footage for the horizon
- Enhance and stabilize fast moving subjects
*actual resolution 3840 x 2160px
WHAT IS 4K PHOTO
A baby’s first step, family photo with anxious children, or the game winning catch…All precious moments impossible to time exactly, even with the fastest DSLR or mobile phone on the market. That’s where 4K PHOTO comes in.
LUMIX 4K PHOTO is a Panasonic exclusive in-camera feature that allows you to record 4K Ultra HD video, then go back and choose any individual frame and save as a high-resolution (8+ megapixels) still photo. At a rapid 30 frames per second, 4K Ultra HD video catches the moments between the moments, so that you never miss that exact millisecond of perfection again.
WHAT IS 4K POST FOCUS
Imagine being able to adjust the focus of a photo AFTER you’ve taken the shot. That’s exactly what Panasonic’s exclusive new 4K Post Focus feature is all about.
How’s it work?
- Exclusive Panasonic LUMIX Depth from Defocus (DFD) technology calculates up to 49 focusing zones in your image area.
- After calculating, the LUMIX 4K PHOTO burst mode captures multiple frames in 4K video format while the lens quickly shifts focus from close in to distant zones.
- The result is an extremely fast 4K video file that, when accessed from the camera’s touch-enabled monitor, lets you touch the exact area you want in focus and save it a still photo. HINT: For greater precision, use the Focus Peaking feature to lock in the exact focus point.
The natural next step to 4K Post Focus, 4K Focus Stacking lets you combine multiple images taken from different focus distances to produce a final image with a greater depth of field (DOF) than any single image. The process is done using photo editing software (like Photoshop) and opens up a world of focus editing opportunities unlike any other technology in existence.
PANASONIC LUMIX 4K PHOTOGRAPHY